Woven & Expanded Wire in Elastomers
A composite of metal wire mesh impregnated with an elastomer, creating a highly conductive and resilient gasketing material for EMI/RFI shielding and environmental sealing applications.
Woven aluminium wire, expanded aluminium or expanded Monel sheet, impregnated with an elastomer filler – Silicone, fluorosilicone or synthetic rubber or expanded Monel sheet without elastomer filler.
The conductive metallic surfaces of the material provide an excellent low resistance contact whilst under the correctly designed conditions the rubber component ensures effective dust and moisture sealing.
The exposed metallic points on the woven product, where the weave of the wire overlaps, create approximately 80 contacts per cm² whilst the raised edge on the expanded sheet product creates approximately 20 contacts per cm².
- Continuous roll, 305mm wide, in 0.5mm and 0.8mm thickness
- Standard connectors
- Bespoke gaskets made to customer’s specification
- Woven Aluminium in Synthetic 0.5mm thick
- Woven Aluminium in Silicone 0.5mm thick
- Woven Aluminium in Fluorosilicone 0.5mm thick
- Expanded Monel in Silicone 0.5mm thick
- Expanded Monel in Silicone 0.8mm thick
- Expanded Monel Unfilled 0.5mm thick
- Expanded Monel Unfilled 0.8mm thick
- Expanded Aluminium in Silicone 0.5mm thick
- Expanded Aluminium in Silicone 0.8mm thick
Provides an economic approach to gasketing flat surfaces where unevenness does not exceed 0.10mm and or where material thickness constraints occur. Particularly suited to small thin gaskets such as MIL type connectors etc. Other thin gaskets can be made in-house using specialist cutting methods and the material can also be supplied as continuous sheet for your own production purposes. Fluorosilicone versions are suitable for applications where fuels / oils / hydraulic fluids and other contaminants are present.