Electrically Conductive Adhesives
Kembond is a range of electrically conductive adhesives that provide RFI/EMI shielding and grounding solutions. They consist of a densely loaded adhesive filled with electrically conductive particles to make a strong and effective conductive glue.
Single component RTV (room temperature vulcanising) electrically conductive silicones are available with a range of fillers including silver plated aluminium, silver plated copper and nickel coated graphite. These are designed to be used as a thin bond between two components; caulking compound can also be supplied for larger gap filling. Two component silver filled electrically conductive epoxy systems are also available.
Single component RTV silicones and 2-part epoxy in a variety of conductive fillers including:
- Silver loaded epoxy adhesive
- Silver plated aluminium loaded RTV silicone
- Silver plated copper loaded RTV silicone
- Nickel coated graphite loaded RTV silicone
- Vibration and/or shock resistant sealant/adhesive for electronic assemblies.
- Electrical connection/bonding of materials with dissimilar thermal expansion coefficients i.e. mounting shielded windows EMI shielding with environmental sealing (IP68 possible).
- ESD control/grounding.
- Structural adhesive – can be used to permanently bond metal assemblies.
- Electrical connection of components avoiding the use of mechanical fixings or solder.